We have reopened and designated the main dining room as place for visitation. It will be scheduled 7 days a week at the following times
9:00am to 9:30am; 11:00 am to 11:45 am,3:15 pm to
4:00 pm, and 4:15 pm to 5:00pm.
- Visitation appointments are first come first serve.
- A tight schedule is critical so please make sure you arrive 15 mins earlier to complete screening and testing procedures.
- Window visits and video calls will continue as other means of communicating with your loved ones.
- You are allowed 2 visits a week, 2 guests at a time
- Visitors under 16 y/o must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
SCREENING REQUIREMENTS/ACCESS TO VISITATION:
- We will use the CMS COVID-19 county positivity rate guidelines, found on the COVID-19 Nursing Home Data site to comply with testing requirements.
- You will be screened at the front desk for any signs/symptoms of COVID-19 which will include temperature checks and answering screening questions in order to access visitation.
- Visitors must either present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from within the past seventy-two hours (72), or utilize the facilities rapid testing to meet the testing requirement.
- Visitation will be refused if the Visitor fails to present negative PCR COVID test result, fails rapid test, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions.
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The current information available to characterize the spectrum of clinical illness associated with COVID-19 includes the following the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or dyspnea, fever, chills, myalgias, headache, sore throat, poor appetite & loss of taste or smell.
- For inspection purposes and potential contact tracing, you are required to provide the following information:
- First and Last name of visitor
- Physical street address of visitor
- Daytime and evening Phone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address if available
- End of life and compassionate care visits compassionate care situations will be considered by the facility on a resident specific basis. Testing is required and facilitated wherever possible.
FACE MASK/FACE COVERING
- You are required to wear an acceptable face mask throughout your visit. Face mask must cover both nose and mouth.
- Face mask is also offered at the facility which you can avail at front desk.
- Alcohol based hand rubs will be provided, we require that you use it before and after your visit.
- It is important that you follow the instructions for proper hand hygiene.
- Hugging, kissing, touching, including hand shakes are not permitted during your visit
- You will be seated at designated area with chairs for use during visit.
- It will be set up by us to ensure social distancing.
- Please do not move chairs to other sitting areas or get close to one another.
- Rest assured all chairs & other equipment will be sanitized after each visit.
- NO packages, gifts or food items are allowed to be given directly to our residents as they must be handed to staff to take into the building.
- Please make sure packages are clearly labeled with resident’s name.
- We will continue our safety protocols of monitoring our residents and addressing the mildest detection of signs/symptoms and test our residents.
- Employees will continue to be tested weekly.
- Our website is updated daily to inform you of any changes in our facility.
- Free testing sites for families/visitors can be found at https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/get-tested/covid19-testing.page